Reflexology is a Holistic treatment and can help relieve many symptoms and ailments as well as being highly relaxing and therapeutic for the body mind and spirit.
Founded on an architecture or topology of zones and reflex areas that mirror an image of the bodily organs on the feet, which operates under the philosophy that this pressure helps to alleviate the symptoms and attack the underpinning problems themselves. Much research has been done into reflexology over the years including modern day, but the most conclusive proof is in the pudding. As an experienced holistic therapist we see people more relaxed, rejuvenated, centered and happy after treatments.
Holistic Therapists help to release the blockage of an energy, life force, or Chi, that can prevent healing through massage techniques. One possible scientific rationalization is that the pressure applied to the feet can send signals that help restore equilibrium in the nervous system or aid in the release of chemicals such as endorphins that decrease stress and pain and help people feel happy or content.
There are many benefits to this brand of holistic therapy some of them are listed below;
· Pain reduction
· Amelioration of symptoms for health concerns
· Rejuvenation of tired feet
· Improvement in blood flow
· Impact on physiological measures (e. g. blood pressure and cholesterol)
· Beneficial for post-operative recovery and pain reduction
· Enhancement of medical care
· Adjunct to mental health care
· Complement to cancer care (pain, nausea, vomiting, anxiety)