Your Lymph System is a vascular system that if found just underneath the skin. It is your waste management system and helps the body remove toxins and by products from chemical reactions.
The lymphatic system is made up of lymph vessels, lymph nodes and lymphatic fluid. Your spleen, thymus, tonsils and adenoids are also part of the lymphatic system. There are over 600 lymph nodes located in a plethora of locations around the body. The lymph nodes job are to filter lymphatic fluid until it reaches the thoracic duct where is it is filtered again; before being reabsorbed by the blood stream. The lymphatic fluid is in fact made up of clear fluid which contains white blood cells.
Maintaining correct posture whist carrying out stretches is vital to improving posture and getting a better stretch for your muscles. Many think you must push back your shoulders and your head should be facing upwards like an old army drill sergeant.
1. The best way to describe holding a good, steady posture is to firstly keep your whole body in line.
2. Slightly ‘tuck’ your coccyx (the lowest part of the spine) underneath you so you are engaging your abdominal muscles slightly as to not create an arch in the lower back.
3. Straighten both clavicles (collar bones) so they form a nice straight line along you body keeping your shoulders in a more neutral position.
4. Tilt your head slightly upwards so you are straight ahead instead of looking towards the ground.
5. Bring your head back so that you ears are in line with your shoulders.
6. Straighten your upper back so back is straight to avoid creating a curve in your upper back.
There are a number of Indulgent Treatments on offer at YOU Massage Therapy – the warming and soothing Hot Stones, the uplifting Organic Holistic Facial, Holistic Foot Rituals, the focused Full Works, the stress-busting Top-To-Toe Deluxe, and the ultimate ‘MOT’ Detox Deluxe Experience. Why not take a look at our website? I thought I’d go through them and give you the heads up on what they are and how they work.