Introducing YOU Massage Southampton Therapist, Velichka “Veli”
Veli has some exclusive Special Offers for her massage treatments, available December 2017 and January 2018 *subject to availability.
My name is Velichka and I am a Massage Therapist, originally from Bulgaria. I am one of the newer Massage Therapists at YOU Massage, Southampton and specialise as a Holistic and Aromatherapy therapist.
I discovered my passion for massage in 2010 and qualified as a Massage Therapist in 2016. I attended a one-year Shiatsu and Chinese Medicine training course at Shibumi Shiatsu School in Italy where I lived for 15 Years. That was an amazing experience which gave me a lot of knowledge and inspiration.
The treatments I am offering are:
Hot stone massage is beneficial on both physical and psychological levels.
Hot stone massage is a natural therapy in which warmed stones are positioned on parts of the client’s body to maximize the therapeutic benefits. These stones are heated in sanitizing water before use. Hot stone massages are beneficial on both physical and psychological levels.
The benefits of hot stones massage include
- Muscle Relaxation
The heat from the stones helps your muscles to relax, allowing the massage therapist to manipulate your deep tissues more effectively. Overly tense muscles can hinder the massage procedure, so if your muscles are extremely tight or stiff, the heated stones may provide the extra relaxation you need for the massage to be beneficial in releasing tension and easing sore muscles.
- Pain Relief
While all types of massage can help to relieve pain caused by tense muscles, stiff joints or injuries, a hot stone massage may provide greater relief due to the intense nature of the massage. Because the hot stones allow the massage therapist to penetrate deeper, you may find that a hot stone massage leaves you feeling physically better than a Swedish or deep-tissue massage.
- Improved Circulation
As the heat from the stones penetrates your deeper body tissues, your blood vessels open, resulting in improved circulation. Poor circulation can lead to fatigue, which tenses the muscles, and a buildup of fluid and lactic acid in the muscles. Increased circulation delivers more oxygen to the muscles, which can help ease aches and pains.
Massage therapy can result in psychological benefits as well as physical ones in many people. You may find that the relaxation afforded to you through a hot stone massage helps ease some of your mental stress and tension. A hot stone massage may also help you combat some of the symptoms of anxiety disorders and depression. While massage therapy is not a substitute for traditional medical or psychiatric care, it can be an integral part of your treatment plan.
Reflexology is an alternative treatment for a variety of conditions, and has been in use for thousands of years. The reflexologist works by applying pressure to specific areas on the hands, feet and ears that affect certain reflex areas of the body. There are connections between zones in these areas that represent certain areas of your body that can be adjusted or managed through these zones.
Now, let’s look a bit more into which benefits reflexology has been repeatedly linked to over the years. If you suffer from any of these health conditions, why not give it a shot! What do you have to lose?
The benefits of reflexology include
- Its ability to stimulate nerve function, increase energy, boost circulation, induce a deep state of relaxation, eliminate toxins, stimulate the central nervous system, prevent migraines, and treat urinary tract conditions.
- By applying pressure and massage to the ends of certain nerves, your parasympathetic system is drawn to focus on certain parts of your body – leading to directed self-healing and improvement. All your body’s nerves end in your feet. Whether you work in an office, a factory, a field, a hospital, or anything in between, there is a good chance that you put a lot of weight and stress on your feet every day.
- This massage is deeply relaxing, and is a worthwhile treatment for stress, sinusitis, irritable bowel syndrome, or the discomforts of pregnancy.
This massage involves working the soft tissues of the body to ease day-to-day stresses and muscular tension, and promote relaxation. It helps to increase the delivery of blood and oxygen to the treated areas and can also be used in support of other therapies to assist in the rehabilitation of muscular injuries as the muscles are stretched and loosened. During the massage, the beneficial substances from the honey are absorbed directly into the skin and trapped toxins are freed. The honey has powerful anti-bacterial and anti-sceptic properties on at least sixty species of bacteria. It is non-toxic and has strong effects.
The benefits of my honey massage include
- Can be used for very sensitive skin.
- Helps to improve vitality and relax your mind and body.
- It is noted that honey massage can be quite beneficial for back pain. During the massage, the energy meridians which correspond to internal organs are stimulated. The stimulation of these meridians and the start of the detoxification process promote a strong revival of the whole body.
- Honey massage considerably improves blood circulation in deeper layers of the skin and warms and tones it.
- Promotes improvements in nutrition and waste removal in the skin and internal organs and helps with pain relief.
- During the treatment, the skin is deeply cleansed and moisturised, and its elasticity increases.
- It is perfect for lightening skin, and its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds help to decrease the appearance of scars and promote healing and tissue regeneration.
You can find some more information about it in my related blog post
Indian Head Massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress. In Western culture today, we spend much of our time ‘in our heads’, so this treatment can really help to calm the mind and is surprisingly deeply relaxing, especially for those who sit at a desk for long periods of time. Working with a firm and gentle rhythm it helps to relieve muscular discomfort and tension as well as calming the spirit and aiding relaxation.
By focusing on the areas which tend to ‘hold’ stress and tension this gentle form of massage can now offer a range of physical and mental benefits
- Relax the scalp, toning up scalp muscles and stimulating scalp circulation
- Improve texture, strength and growth of hair
- Reduce dandruff and can improve dry scalp conditions
- Reduce stress and can induce feelings of euphoria
- Relieve mental fatigue, rejuvenate the mind and improve concentration
- Reduce muscle tension and stimulate circulation in the neck and shoulders
- Stretch and mobilise the tissues and joints in the neck and shoulder area
- Stimulatesthe skin and underlying nerve endings, improving skin condition
- Relieve tension headaches, eye strain and jaw ache
- Aid elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products
- Stimulate arterial circulation and increase venous and lymphatic flow
- Promote deeper, calmer breathing
- Improve sinus problems and provide relief from nasal congestion
- More restful, refreshing sleep, helping insomnia
- Relieve spasms, restrictions and adhesions in muscle fibres
- Balance the Chakras (energy centres) by releasing stagnant energy to relieve imbalances inducing a sense of calm and positive well-being
- Create a more even flow of energy around the body
Each treatment is tailored to your individual needs, adapting the pressure and techniques according to how you are feeling physically and emotionally. Although techniques are fundamentally based on Swedish massage (long flowing strokes, kneading, percussion and vibrations), a range of other techniques and pressures are used depending on what your body and mind require at the time. It is a relaxing and incredibly beneficial massage.
Holistic Massage has many benefits, both emotional and physical. It can help to
- Relieve tension and relax tight, sore muscles, improve aches and pains
- Relieve stiff joints, Arthritis & Rheumatism
- Improve muscle tone, and promote joint flexibility
- Encourage better blood circulation thus delivering nutrients to the body more efficiently
- Improve the immune system & overall condition of the body
- Improve the tone of the skin & its regeneration
- Stimulate the lymphatic system and release toxins that have accumulated in the body
- Reduce swelling by encouraging better lymph drainage, reducing fluid retention and cellulite
- Promote awareness of the body and breathing to improve posture
- Increase positive feelings & feelings of well-being
- Promote relaxation, thus reducing the effects of stress and anxiety
- Induce deeper sleep and help combat Insomnia
- Aid digestion and encourage better waste removal
Aromatherapy can be used for a wide variety of health conditions, such as allergies, bruises, scars, insect bites, burns, shingles (herpes zoster), diarrhea, earache, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause, poor digestion, headache, sinusitis, nausea, insomnia, bronchitis, colds, flu, muscle and joint pains, arthritis, plus other conditions which can be discussed with me during consultation.
Aromatherapy Massage has many benefits, both emotional and physical, including the following
- Relief for stress and anxiety, calming and sedating
- Dramatic improvement in general heath and well-being
- Pain relief and anti-inflammatory action
- Strengthens bodily systems, including nervous, immune and respiratory
- Helps to repair damaged tissue
- Improvement of the color and texture of the skin
- Energizing, increases mental alertness
- Anti-aging, supports longevity
- Improve blood and lymphatic circulation and eliminate toxic waste from the skin and muscle system
- Balance hormone production by the endocrine system
- Encourage restful sleep
- Improve digestion and provide relief for intestinal and digestive problems
- Soothe and balance
- Stimulate and refresh
- Increase vitality and uplift
- Maintain healthy joints and muscles and relieve muscular tension
- Create a tranquil ambience and combat negative feelings
My deep tissue massage is completely tailored to your personal needs and is quite efficient to help with some common issues.
The benefits of deep tissue massage therapy are like Swedish massage, but the deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
Unlike Swedish massage, which has a relaxing effect and uses lighter pressure, deep tissue massage is done using deep finger pressure with strokes that are firm and slow. Deep tissue massage has several therapeutic effects and can be used to treat many different conditions. This type of massage is ideal for the treatment of major muscle groups like the neck or lower back. It can also be used to relieve strain and treat injuries in your joints and tendons.
During the massage, various degrees of pressure are applied to tight muscles that have issues and are lying dormant in your body. You will probably experience some pain during the massage as this form of massage concentrates on relieving strain and tension from tissues that go deeper. The pain could also be because the massage uses movements against the muscles rather than moving with them. But if you think you’re experiencing intense pain, immediately inform your therapist. The best way to make the most of a deep tissue massage is to be as relaxed as you can and trust your therapist to massage your pain away.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
- Can lower High Blood Pressure
- Treats back pain
- Helps arthritis pain/symptoms
- Muscle rehab
- Breaks down scar tissue
- Relieves stress
- Increases joint mobility
- Reduces chronic pain
Article written by Velichka, Therapist at YOU Massage Therapy, Southampton
Edited by YOU Massage Therapy