YOU Massage Southampton Lava Shells
Have you heard of this absolutely beautiful style of massage therapy?
No? Shell-shocked! 🙂
Most cultures have their own unique style of massage but none quite like this divine combination therapy, Lava Shells Massage from the Philippines.
For 100s of years, the Philippino people have harvested tiger clam shells from the beach in order to provide an authentic, soothing, relaxing treatment.
Now, in the UK we may not have large stretches of white sandy beaches surrounding us, like there are in Philippines, but we have adapted this treatment to bring Lava Shell Massage to our world of health and beauty, and now, to YOU Massage, Bedford Place, Southampton by therapist William.
Look our for it in the Special Offers section, as well as under ‘Indulgent Massage’
Combination Full Body or Lava Facial Treatments – divine!
Nowadays, these shells are made with real crushed tiger clam shells combined with porcelain, so they last longer. This forms a shell with a smooth, yet hollow surface which glides effortlessly over the skin.
The hollow surface means that the therapist can get a better idea of pressure to tailor the treatment to suit their client.
How are lava shells different to hot stones?
Hot Stones Massage uses heated basalt stones to massage the body and release deep tension and is a popular treatment across the world.
Lava shells are the world’s first self heated massage tool. Shared beauty secrets combine natural ingredients such as marine algae, black lava rock, lava gel and minerals which forms a fool-proof formula to heat the shells.
This also means that these can come in a range of temperatures to suit different treatment needs.
Secondly, the shape. The lava shell has three prominent features; the crown, which is ideal for long and broad strokes. The edge, which is ideal for narrow muscle areas and the hinge which is great to help bust into knots for a deeper massage.
The shape of the shell means that it is ideal for the face to carry out a calming facial massage.
What are the benefits of Lava Shells Massage?
Relief of muscle tension:
- The consistent heat from the shells helps relax the muscles to improve flexibility of muscles, ligaments and tendons. This also helps the therapist get deeper into these tissues painlessly which can give the results of deep tissue massage with out quite as much pressure.
- The heat also helps to increase the flow of blood and lymph in the body which stimulates organs and tissues which help to flush out any toxins.
Benefits on the skin:
- Lava shells help to boost circulation in the skin which leaves it feeling brighter, firmer and with a healthy, organic glow.
- The shells when heated also give off calcium ions which help to firm and regenerate the skin.
- Ideal for these bitter, winter months, when skin can become dry and malnourished.
Since 2009 the Lava Shell Massage has hit the UK by storm and is widely favoured by celebs such as Katie Price, Callum Best and Jermaine Jackson. Even Duncan James from Blue says “all rise” to the shells!
But don’t take their word for it.
Come and see for yourself!