Maintaining correct posture whist carrying out stretches is vital to improving posture and getting a better stretch for your muscles. Many think you must push back your shoulders and your head should be facing upwards like an old army drill sergeant.
1. The best way to describe holding a good, steady posture is to firstly keep your whole body in line.
2. Slightly ‘tuck’ your coccyx (the lowest part of the spine) underneath you so you are engaging your abdominal muscles slightly as to not create an arch in the lower back.
3. Straighten both clavicles (collar bones) so they form a nice straight line along you body keeping your shoulders in a more neutral position.
4. Tilt your head slightly upwards so you are straight ahead instead of looking towards the ground.
5. Bring your head back so that you ears are in line with your shoulders.
6. Straighten your upper back so back is straight to avoid creating a curve in your upper back.
Fascia is continuous throughout the body. It holds everything in place and gives us our form. Using the Superficial Back Line as an example- what occurs in the foot, may actually be creating the postural stress in our body. The memory of any accidents we may have had, poor postural habits and any physical and emotional trauma we have experienced can be stored and set in the connective tissue. Fascia works out in different issue around how we conducing our body posture. Tight fascia affects the whole organism. The Structural imbalance of our skeletal can create many obtrusion in human mechanic system.
Hello! Amy here, founder and Head Therapist of YOU Massage Therapy. So here we go, my first blog post, it’s a bigg’un, sorry! I have been so incredibly busy with many little projects to get YOU Massage Therapy (Massage Southampton) running like a dream, we’ve been growing so quickly that we’ve all had to adapt and grow as therapists and co-workers. I’m ecstatic to say we are a busy, happy little family and I’m so proud of every one of my team for their hard work and patience over the past 6 months. We’ve added new treatments such as Indian Head Massage, Sports Massage, Thai Massage, Reiki, Hot Stones Massage, Thai Hot Compress (page coming soon) and Pregnancy Massage! I feel that now, finally, we have hit all our targets in terms of the building, the processes and the attitude, which is so important to our success, everyone is caring for clients and colleagues alike, expertly in their field and everyone’s mucked in to get the jobs done!
Last weekend we closed our Southampton Massage Studio for three days (well, two and a bit, I managed to fit a couple of clients in on Saturday afternoon as we are so so busy with bookings, hope you didn’t notice the saw dust out the back!). Our main focus was getting up-spec ventilation installed; with the closure in mind and we being tenacious multi-taskers, I decided to pull in a team of lovely friends, family, clients and colleagues to grab a brush or roller and get stuck in, let’s get the place looking gorgeous! And it certainly does, every inch of the place has been given a coat or two of fresh, beautiful paint….