Prior to a Laser Hair Removal treatment, a thorough, detailed consultation will be carried out in which a medical history is taken to confirm suitability for treatment. This is also a good opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have. Before treatment commences, you must provide written consent, and a small patch test in the area to be treated will be carried out. The consultation and Patch test can be carried out on the same day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HAIR IN THE TREATMENT AREA MUST BE VISIBLE: (1-2 mm in length) AS WE WILL NEED TO ASSESS YOUR HAIR TYPE, AND THEN THE AREA WILL BE SHAVED PRIOR TO THE PATCH TEST.
How long should I wait after my patch test before I can begin my first treatment?
You must wait one week after your patch test before starting your first treatment.
Preparing for your treatment
- The area to be treated should be free from make-up. Perfume, deodorant, and body or face creams. Please do not use spray deodorant prior to treatment.
Avoid waxing, plucking, hair removal creams, and bleaching for one month prior to hair removal. Hair should be shaved prior to treatment, and be no longer than 1mm in length.
- There should be no active or fake tan in the area to be treated. Use of sunbeds or prolonged exposure to sunlight is not allowed in the month prior to treatment, and an SPF 50 must be used on the area between treatments. Suntans must be left to fade completely before treatment can start. Fake tans must also be fully faded before treatment can commence.
- We reserve the right to charge for any appointment booked but abandoned due to active sun-tan, or fake tan.
- A medical history is taken at consultation, but we rely on you to inform us of any changes to this. We need to know of any medication you are taking including those bought from a chemist or herbalist.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, sunbeds. Use a sunscreen (SPF 30 + ), and protect the treated area as much as possible between treatments and for one minimum one month after treatment ends.
- To prevent trauma in the treated area during the first three or four days after treatment, please avoid excessively hot baths, strenuous exercise, massages, sauna and steam, scrubs.
- Applying a soothing serum is beneficial for a few days after treatment. We stock specific after-care cream, and can advise on the best one for you to use.
How many treatments are necessary?
- Only hair that is actively growing the anagen phase can be treated successfully, therefore multiple treatments are needed.
- Treatments are conducted every 4 – 8 weeks, depending on the area treated until a satisfactory result is seen.
- The required number of treatments varies, but typically 6 or more treatments are needed for optimum results.