YOU Massage & Therapy Centre Southampton, have been closed since 21st March 2020 due to COVID-19. We are re-opening, offering Osteopathy on 17th June, and will be gradually adding more services as allowable.
This page and its links have all the information you require to understand how we are meeting the requirements to put our clients’ and staff’s safety as priority. Please read it carefully and please reach out if you have any questions.
Before you book…
Anybody who has a high temperature or a new persistent cough, or has been in touch with someone with these symptoms, travelled overseas within 14 days or has tested positive for COVID-19 please do not book in with us and follow the guidance on self-isolation
COVID-19 Policy Update below
17/06/2020 – We Re-open for Osteopathy with Tim Only
- We are opting to re-open operating under strict guidance from Public Health England, Peninsula Group Ltd and the Institute of Osteopathy
- Our Risk Assessment documents, which are continually updated, is available to review by clicking the link below
- We have adequate, suitable supplies of single use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all staff and clients, including gloves, masks, visors, plastic sheets, aprons, medical grade disinfectant, hand sanitizer and soap
- We have trained all staff in increased sanitation including suitable application of PPE, disposal of waste, personal and premises hygiene maintenance and every care is being taken by them to minimise contact and risk
- All information is emailed to clients along with pre-payment information, including £2 extra for PPE
- All clients are Pre-screened with a detailed form that will be emailed out
- Pre-screening and pre-payment is required 48 hours prior to an appointment being confirmed
- If you are considered ‘High Risk’ please review our guidance in the document above
- We are only allowing one client in at a time, at the moment, unless a chaperone is required, they must also be pre-screened at least 48 hours before
- All clients are asked, upon arrival, to verbally agree to the terms as detailed in the Pre-screen form, that your circumstances have not changed.
- You will be temperature checked with a laser thermometer, asked to sanitize your hands, put on a mask, if not already wearing one, prior to be granted entry
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment and please keep your distance from other clients upon entering and exiting our premises.
- Please wear loose clothing wear possible as towels will only be provided if strictly necessary
- All furniture will be protected with single use plastic covering
- Please be extra vigilant on your way to our premises, minimise use of public transport, where possible and please touch as little as you can on your journey to and within our practice.
- Please keep 2 metres from our reception desk, and any other people, abiding by the adjusted layout
- Please follow all guidance of our staff and therapists prior to, during and after your appointment
- We are not supplying water, so please plan to drink before and after your treatment, being careful of not touching your face mask
- Please inform us immediately should your circumstances change between booking and attending your appointment. We will follow up with you afterwards, please inform us if you feel you develop concerning symptoms so we may report back to our clients, staff and health and safety representatives
- Should you have any queries or suggestions or feedback, we love to hear from you, please reach out to our team by clicking here or calling us on 02380 639747
- Please be mindful that our phones are not manned full time at the moment, but we will get back to you as soon as we can
- Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for all the up to date news on when we can offer more services
- Read more about the Osteopathic approach here
We are delighted to open our practice again and get back to the business of helping people. We approach with confident caution and are here for all of our clients, staff and the community.
See you soon!